Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cool Flash Effect

I made a cool smoke effect with flash 8 Pro, but unfortunately blogger doesn't allow swf files so you'll need to deal with still frames :(

Smoke:
Step 1:
I made a circle and put a radial gradient on it (this is a movieclip symbol)


Step 2:
I motiontweened it over the coarse of one second (thirty frames) and on the last frame; set the alpha to zero so it would do a fadeout effect.

Step 3:
I made the motiontween its own symbol and put this code in it:

onClipEvent(load){
var movement = Math.random(-5)*5;
}
onClipEvent(enterFrame){
_x += movement;
}
onClipEvent(enterFrame){
_y -= 5;
}

This code makes it move in a somewhat random direction leaning towards an upper-right diagonal direction.

Step 4:
I extended the frame to 59 frames and then duplicated the layer 30 times. Then I offset the layers so that they were each one frame apart.


Step 5:
I made some layers specifically for actionscript and put some gotoAndPlay functions all over the place. The end result looked like this:
Andy.S

No comments: